Ane Rødberg Enderud

Alaska # 1

(..okay thought this one was posted weeks ago..but here we go..more will come when I get my photos I somehow left behind on my drive..might take a few weeks..new mission coming up..ill try more regular updates..)


12/3
Been dreaming about going here for years and finally I am! Wow, so happy!
Thanks to Volkl for giving me the opportunity to check out some of what this place is all about.

It was pretty crazy departure from Europe thought..I knew I was going here and tickets were booked for the 15th of March. Late afternoon thursday the 8th Harro called and said he did the mistake of a lifetime..we were suppose to be here a week earlier than he told us..he had written down in his calendar a week after our booking at North Point Heli..and asked if I could get on the plain asap..
The next 24 ours we spend trying to figure out how soon we good get out of Europe..tickets could not be changed (not possible to get on the phone with United..!) and Friday at lunch time we bought new ones for Saturday morning. And luckily the visa applying went trough directly.
I had just received my new boots and rushed from Chamonix to Verbier to get them done with new liners and all. With me was also my new Kuro's 195 that I wanted to use on this trip but not yet mounted, or ever tried. Luckily Surefoot treated me well as usual and also found some guys to take care of my skis.
Back in Cham I packed my bag full of dirty clothes and tried to remember what was urgent to do before departure. Not much sleep was happening before I arrived in Geneva the next morning, but in one way thats was good cause then I was sleeping like a baby on the way over seas.
We arrived Sunday night at the North Point Heli in Cordova.
With a super friendly welcome and nice dinner I had to jump straight to bed. They said the monday looked good and we had to be ready to be on. And it was on!
First time ever in Alaska with completely new boots and skis I must admit I was very nervous. I couldn't stop thinking I would be f...if I didn't manage to get used to the new gear the first run. But it went fine. With my 195 Volkl Kuro's and my new Dalbello Scorpion 130 I set off in a mellow couloir and screamed all the way down my first run :-)
It was an unbelievable day! Mostly stabile nice snow, totally bluebird and no wind! A great crew, Tony, Lucas and Jeff-great times! And a great guide too, big up Tucker! After 12 ours on a mission we returned to the lodge. 8 runs my first day in Alaska was sick! I want more! Its now the 2nd downday cause the weather came in and Im so ready for more! Just started to get the feeling of it with the sluff and all. We europeans or scandies are not used to that. Its snowing a bit right now and I hope of all of my heart we will see the sun again soon!

(thihii we did!)


Flying in to Cordova. Beautiful!

Just arrived at the North Points Heli base. Pretty sweet to live here for a week!

Second run of the day. 1000m colour ready to be skied!

Next one up!
Capturing Lucas with my pocket cam after skiing my line. Loved his line, beautiful!